Sunday, May 14, 2006

Bitter Sweet Mommy's Day

This morning I woke up like any other mothers, as it's our day. U gave me a big kiss and hug. We went for dim sum with a.vp & family & a.trisha, u.jack, a.nat & u.vee. You got so many presents from a.thrisha. So nice of her.

Then we all headed to klcc, renee wanted to follow us as usual. When we reach there, you were so happy running around. I brought you, reeve & renee up to bebe bush to look for the mothers. The 50% - 70% sales was really tempting. I asked u.johnny to play with you while I look for your clothes. I did check on you all the while. After choosing the clothes, I went to pay, as I didnt wanna bother u.johnny too much. Just as I was paying, u.johnny was looking for yy. At that very moment, I looked for you too. But you were no where at sight. I left what I was doing and ran out. I was so afraid. Then I heard u.johnny saying you both were next door. I went straight in and held you in my arms. Tears just rolled down my eyes like niagara falls. I held you so hard, I didnt wanna let you go. At that moment I didnt know what else to do.

Everything happened within 2 minutes, but it seemed like 200 years. I put you back in your stroller. I took your pacifier for you. My hands were shaking. I'm always like that. My heart was beating so fast, it hurts. I walked and walked around, didnt know what to do. Nothing seemed to matter anymore.

After a few rounds, you slept. As I was walking, I still felt my heart thumping and my hands shaking. We finally went back to chinoz. Hmm, I cried again, thinking what a stupid mistake I've made. We left after a while. When I was in the car I cried again. Daddy kept saying it was not that bad, we didnt loose you, you just went a little further. But deep down, I still feel bad. There is no one to be blame - except myself. I hugged you extra much today. This is indeed a bitter mother's day.

We went to dinner in King's Crab. You kissed and hugged me. It really melted my heart. There is no mother's day gift as great as having you by my side...

4 comments:

kiLikiNa said...

I can't say I know how you feel. But, everything is okay now. Thank God my little Ray Ern is by his mommy's side. :)

On behalf of Lauren said...

sob sob sob ... really brought tears to my eyes ... I understand how you feel coz that happened to me when the maid took lauren too far out at KLCC too.... its a horrible feeling ....

ern's mummy said...

yes, we really love & treasure our kids very much.

but when things like these happens, we just thank god that they're still by our side.

i still have tears in my eyes when i was typing this blog.

VP said...

thank god its KLCC and not chatuchat where the lanes are small and people are abundant. not only urs, all our hearts dropped as well.