Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Breast Feeding...

Before I was pregnant, Auntie Muy Ch'ng told me lots about breast feeding. She told me it's the best you can give your child. That didnt mean anything to me. Until I found out that I was pregnant and reading lots of pregnancy books, I would consider Auntie MC the most 'wai tai' mummy.
I told myself I would breast feed. I want the best for you. I bought everything, from breast pump to breast pad, from milk disposable plastic to nursing bra... everything I could find for breast feeding.
Auntie Ailyn and I even went for breastfeeding classes. We both were so determine to give our babies the best.

Well, after you were born, I did breast fed, and it wasnt at all easy. As I have said, I was really sick for the first one week after having you, I didnt direct breast feed you, just a few times. I expressed out, and there weren't a lot. But I didnt give up.

There were times when I expressed out and ask the nanny to feed you, she said later & later, she threw them away... When I got to know it, I cried... It's like throwing my heart away. I was trying so hard and it definately wasnt easy, and she suka suka went and throw them away..

Well, I guess it's because I didnt let you suck, there were really little milk... I was so sad, I cried so much (I was really emotional during this time) daddy said it's okay, just feed you formula, everyone's like that.. but to me, you are not just anyone, you are my son. I want the best for you. I know I am not so strong, so I want you to have the anitbody from my milk to keep you strong...

Anyway, what happen had happened.... It's good that now you are as healthy.

No comments: