Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Confinement

The worst thing about having a baby is not the pregnancy, not the labour, not even the pain but the confinement...

According to the chinese custom, we are not allowed to wash our hair or even leave the house for 1 month. During confinement, we are supposed to stay in the house and not do anything, just sleep and eat. Not even to take care of your baby. That's so funny...Well, I couldnt stand not washing my hair. I washed after 2 weeks.
13 Oct, went to doc to remove my stitches. Took a look at my scar for the first time. Yuck... My weight was 63kg. Doc said the wound has healed but the inner one takes up to 3 months. No urut. Damn it. After that went to makan char siu fan and shopped a while.. he he..

You dont feel good these days, dunno why. Maybe cause of the rain. You dont seemed to sleep well these days. Maybe too manja already, everyone carrying in and out.

18 Oct, your umblical cord came out. Now got colic, very bad colic. I have been talking to you so much. You sleep with me in the afternoon.

22 Oct, Ailyn came, but according to the confinement lady, pregnant women cannot touch you. So, she came but cannot see you... Yesterday, pp went to the temple. Brought home a "foo" and a stamped shirt. All these chinese old folk belief.

24 Oct, you didnt wanna sleep, so went out to watch soccer with daddy & jj. I carried you and talk you to sleep. You woke up again at 2am, pass motion, it was green, really green....

Colic is the culprit. You were so disturbed by it. Poor thing, I've checked the internet, when babies have colic, they will look tensed & curl up their legs.

No comments: